Hiring the right individual to fill an organization’s key leadership role can be a challenge for even the most seasoned search professional. Hiring the ‘wrong’ individual can profoundly impact an organization; financially and culturally.
For over 25 years, Therese Marie has been retained by organizations to fill critical positions with highly-capable leaders who will move them forward.
Where are these individuals found? Experts agree that internal HR practitioners are challenged by the prospect of sourcing passive candidates. Therese Marie taps into this rich pool of potential talent and does not rely on job boards or inbound, unsolicited resumes. Capitalizing on her ability to develop long-term relationships with candidates in leadership positions within all functional areas, Therese can access a hard-to-reach referral network on behalf of her clients.
Behavioral Health • Mental Healthcare
Substance Abuse Services
Addiction Treatment Providers
Not-For-Profit • For-Profit
National searches to fill vacant positions, include newly-created roles, difficult-to-fill positions, openings created by expansion or consolidation, and confidential searches.
Typical titles include: CEO, President, Executive Director, COO, CIO and CFO, as well as executive level titles within finance, human resources, sales, outreach and business development, clinical services, compliance, government relations and account management functions.
The Search Model
A typical executive search includes the following traditional activities:
- Analysis of corporate/organizational culture
- Exploration of the vision, goals and values of the organization (CEO, board, leadership team)
- Job Profile Development & Refinement
- Candidate Sourcing & Recruitment
- Candidate Interviewing & Selection
- Management /coordination of the interview process
- Reference checking
- Consultation on development & delivery offer
- Post-Hire follow-up
But a search model is only as effective as the person implementing it. Here’s what some of Therese Marie’s clients have to say:
“Her success over the years speaks for itself. Use Therese when you need to find the best or want to work with the best!”
“Your firm is so completely unique, it is hard to even compare your services to that of other ‘recruiting’ firms. While you are gathering background information, you are also making sure you understand our company, and more importantly, what type of person we are looking to work with. You treat everyone you meet with respect. While recruiting agencies are paid for by the company, you work for a win-win relationship between the candidate and company and do not compromise on this just to make a placement.”
“Therese’s background in Human Resources makes her a unique asset in the recruiting field. She has successfully matched our company’s needs and culture with those of the candidates.”
“This was my first experience with a recruitment firm that I felt really has their finger on the pulse. Therese has the ability to zero in on what the employer is really looking for and what her candidate is seeking. This is critical in making a synergistic fit for both parties.”
Making the decision to change careers – in fact, even discussing the possibility of changing careers with an executive recruiter – can be anxiety-provoking for many high-accountability professionals. Your career affects nearly every life domain. Therefore, it’s very important that you carefully choose with whom you share your desire to make a change.
- works with executives who are currently employed, yet would consider moving to a role outside their organization if it fits their vision, but commonly fear their career will be put in jeopardy by interviewing for a new position. Confidentiality is critical. Your privacy is always protected, and your information will not be released without your prior approval.
- is a formally trained leadership/career coach with over a decade of experience coaching executives in transition. As a candidate for a positon within one of Therese Marie’s client organizations, you benefit from the expertise and insight of an executive coach vs. simply being prepped on how to “perform well” in an interview. Throughout the selection process, coaching is interwoven with the interview activity, allowing you to make choices at each step based on what is best for your long-term success.
- is selective in the companies she serves; accepting searches with organizations whose core values and vision she supports. These clients are willing to invest in finding the very best talent. That means two things: first, there is no fee to you, and second, your potential new employer understands the true value and impact of hiring the ‘right’ person. Most of the positions you will be considered for are not publicized. Therese Marie is typically retained exclusively by her clients, so your competition is known…and limited.
“Therese listened to what my needs were, and ‘got it’ immediately. Right away, I could tell Therese was seasoned, and she understood that everyone’s needs are unique. She reads her clients very well.”
“My experience with you was great, some comments: very professional and rapid results, went out of your way to look out for my best interests, always returned my calls promptly, and made me feel like I was your only client- very one on one.”
“Therese has tremendous contacts and a solid reputation for thoroughness and professionalism in this industry. She’s much more than “a body broker”; knows her customer and the requirements of the position very well before sending out one of her candidates.”
“Talking with you during the interview process, I felt good about what I had to offer. I’ll never forget that Saturday morning when we talked on the phone. We went through everything. It gave me confidence to walk into the interview and know I could get the job. I needed that other person standing beside me telling me what they see and reassuring me that I can succeed … you could see things I didn’t.”